Ian Bragg is a senior director and Head of Building Consultancy and Project Management, and has provided technical advice on some of the largest investment transactions and developments in the UK and mainland Europe.
He specialises in technical due diligence and project monitoring and works for investors, financiers, high net-worth individuals and sovereign wealth funds in all property sectors. Ian loves the variety of his job and working with different people from across the world. He manages a very successful UK team who truly offer the full property lifecycle of technical services for both owners and occupiers – from feasibility, through construction, purchase, ownership and sale.
Recent projects and achievements
- Old War Office: Technical lead producing a comprehensive vendor sales pack for this 550,000 sq. ft. iconic grade 2 listed building in Westminster for the Defence Infrastructure Organisation.
- Grosvenor House Hotel: Technical Due Diligence vendor report for assignment to the purchaser of this 476 bed hotel, sold for £470m.
- Premier Inn: Monitoring the development of a 613 bed hotel at Terminal 4, Heathrow for a leading pension fund.
- Shaftesbury Estate: lead surveyor, providing technical due diligence advice to the bank re-financing the estate of circa 900 demises across, Covent Garden, Chinatown, Soho and Charlotte Street.
- RICS – On the working group writing the global Professional Statement for Technical Due Diligence, due for publication in 2017.
- 1995: MRICS Qualified.
- 1999 – 2006: Partner and London head of Donaldsons’ Building & Project Management Team
- 2006 – 2016: Senior Director and joint London head of GVA Building Consultancy.
- 2016 – present: Senior Director and National head of Building Consultancy at BNP Paribas Real Estate.