Nigel Ball has been specialising exclusively in the lease advisory field for 30 years – his experience is focused on the licensed leisure sector, focussed on delivering property cost reduction and value added solutions for pub and restaurant businesses, as well as advising investors with holdings in the wider leisure sector, including health & fitness, cinema, bowling and other leisure uses.
Nigel Ball advises on rent reviews, lease renewals, lease renegotiation, expert witness and dispute resolution.
Recent projects and achievements
- Acting for a nationwide public house operator, Nigel and his team have now agreed more than 500 rent reviews, reducing the average increase in rent to less than 1% per annum over the whole portfolio, beating all economic, industry and competitor benchmarks, and saving £70 million in the process
- Being appointed to RICS President’s panel of dispute resolvers, qualified to act as an arbitrator
- Nigel’s team manages over 2,000 lease events annually
- Since 2008: Head of Lease Advisory business line
- Since 2009: Trustee: BNP Paribas Real Estate Pension Fund
- Since 2012: Appointed to Business Executive
- Since 2016: Head of Leisure team