Sarah Beckwith specialises in the High Street Retail and Leisure sector. She is responsible for the negotiation of rent reviews, lease renewals and lease restructures on behalf of both tenants and landlords.
Recent projects advising
- The Body Shop as account manager for lease advisory. Sarah chairs the monthly meetings with the client when all cases are reviewed and then provides feedback to the national team of lease advisory surveyors. She regularly liaises with the corporate real estate team regarding ways to improve service.
- Greenwich Hospital in respect of lease advisory work on their Greenwich town centre estate. Close liaison with the asset managers is required to ensure strategic outcomes for the future vision for the estate are achieved.
- Post Office Limited in respect of a project to dispose of a portfolio of properties. Negotiated flexible terms with rolling tenantbreaks on renewals where disposal in medium term. Used knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and court processes to meet client’s exit timingrequirements and make significant savings on interim rents.
- 2014: Started studying for RICS Diploma in Arbitration
- 2013: Involved in one of the first court cases under the new Civil Procedure Rules, in which the “hot tubbing” (concurrent evidence) method of presenting expert evidence was employed
- 2009: Became a member of the Institute of Chartered Arbitrators
- 2004: Joined BNP Paribas Real Estate as a graduate trainee